How does Dallas’ brush and bulk garbage collection work?
Brush and bulk garbage are collected once a month in Bryan Place by the City of Dallas Sanitation Services department during the third week with a Monday in it.
Brush and bulk trash items must be placed out by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of the scheduled collection week. The earliest brush and bulk garbage items can be placed out is the Thursday before the scheduled collection week.
What items are collected?
- Large limbs
- Bagged leaves
- (in sealed 50-gallon Appliances or smaller bags)
- Furniture Mattresses and box springs
- Brush must be separated from bulk garbage.
What items are NOT collected?
- New construction debris*
- Remodeling debris*
- Bricks, concrete, rocks and dirt**
- Grass clippings. Grass clippings are only collected during “scalping season” . Bagged grass must have a special tag to be collected. Whenever practical,
- grass clippings should be reused on your lawn.
- *Cost Plus service is available to retrieve construction or remodeling materials, or if you missed the bulk collection pick-up. Call 3-1-1 for a free Cost Plus estimate.
- **Bricks, concrete, rocks and dirt are not available for bulk garbage or Cost Plus collection. These items must be taken to McCommas Bluff for disposal.
Where and how should items be placed?
Brush and bulk garbage items must be placed at the curb in front of your home for collection. Do not leave cars parked in front of brush/bulk trash items between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. during your collection week. Brush and bulk garbage should not be placed near or over a utility meter or fire or water hydrant.
Brush and bulk garbage should not be placed against utility poles or traffic signs. Brush and bulk garbage should not be placed onto vacant lots or center medians.